New office with Bay vibes.
When in Rome…
When your mom orders fortune cookies from Amazon, but she’s partially blind and doesn’t actually read the whole description…
Finally started watching, and caught up, on Monarch.
I’m really enjoying the show, but I seriously hate the writing. It’s like a college screenwriting student wrote the dialogue.
Is it just me, or am I right?
That time that my friend and I were in the LA Times, talking about our aviation club…
Of course the Tesla Holiday Update brings Apple Podcasts to the cars…right after I switch back to Overcast. 😂
The new Beatles song, Now and Then, is gorgeous.
It’s been a long time since a song moved me the way this did…for many reasons.
Picked up a pair of AirPods Pro with the USB-C case.
Gotta say…I love Adaptive Audio.
It took me about an hour to get used to it, and now I don’t know how I can use any other headphones…
Preseason between the San Jose Sharks and LA Kings (well, the Ontario Reign, the Kings AHL team, playing as the Kings for the preseason).
It was weird seeing hockey in a different arena than Staples Center (I refuse to call it by its new name).
Kings beat the Sharks 2-1 in a great OT period.
Woke up at 450a to order the new iPhone (upgrading from the 14 Pro Max, getting the 15 Pro Max).
Ordered through Verizon (my carrier) because they were offering some really great incentives (including the Watch Ultra 2, which I don’t need, but got anyway).
3.5 hours later…
After some ridiculous issues with Verizon (balance due on an account I had with them years ago), and my bank being stupid (but safe, thankfully), everything was ordered.
This was the first time in several years that I had any issues with pre-ordering. I forgot how horrible the experience was if one little thing goes wrong…
RIP Tony Bennett.
I was only 2 when this concert happened, but it was the reason I got into singer-led jazz.
Drove out to Francis Ford Coppola Winery today. I was really excited, but came out disappointed. I was really expecting more from the “museum”.
However, it did allow for a stop in Downtown Healdsburg, where one of my favorite butcher shops in all of CA resides, Journeyman Meat Co.
Plus, they have these awesome paintings in the bathroom…
Here are some of my thoughts on the new Apple Vision Pro…
- $3499. Yikes. However, I think I can get over that with the rest of my points...
- This is an amazing piece of technology. What they packed in there is just insane.
- It essentially eliminated the need for pretty much every tech-driven device in your house.
- You no longer need a TV, sound system, or a computer.
- Obviously, I am writing this *right after* the Keynote, so I don't know what connectivity looks like, so there could be more on this list.
- Looking at it from an enterprise perspective, the $3499 price tag is roughly in the mid-point of what companies spend on new hire equipment and setup. Just give them one of these, and they're set (even for remote work).
- All the tech that Apple has been working on for, at least, the past 5-7 years was to get to this product. It's quite remarkable.
Beautiful day for Mets baseball. I’ve now seen them play in 8 parks around the country. Of course, they beat the A’s 3-2.
It was a good day…
Way more happy than I should be to have my <a href="//www.breville.com/us/en/products/espresso/bes990.html"" target="_blank" rel=“noopener”>Breville Oracle Touch back from repair.
I almost forgot what a good cup of home brewed coffee tasted like.